Shrewsbury Wine & Liquors sent over their growler list. NJCB Members save too! Enjoy $2 off 64oz & $1 off 32oz growler fills and/or $1 off craft beer 6 packs and/or 10% off craft beer mixed case for NJCB Members!
1. *New This Week* Troegs Hop Back Amber comes in with 6% ABV and earns “96 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. Troegs HopBack Amber gets its unique name and taste from the HopBack Vessel in our brewhouse. Packed full of whole flower hops, each batch circulates through the vessel, creating a fresh hoppy aroma, spicy taste and rich caramel note that defines this signature amber ale.
2. Allagash White comes in with 5% ABV and earns “94 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. Our interpretation of a traditional Belgian wheat beer, Allagash White delicately balances full flavor with a crisp, refreshing taste and subtle hints of spice. Naturally cloudy, bottled with yeast.
3. Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA comes in with 9% ABV and earns “100 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., “perhaps the best I.P.A. in America.” An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal!
4. Six-Point Brewing Bengali Tiger IPA comes in with 6.4% ABV and earms “94 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. Sixpoint Bengali Tiger is reminiscent of the century-old English IPA. Our interpretation uses the highest-quality, floor-malted base malt, which lends a full-bodied and rich caramel flavor. We mash at high temperatures and add generous amounts of specialty malts to further emphasize a strong foundation of malt as leverage for our generous additions of hops… Which are indeed generous. We use a total of three different hop strains, and add a total of six different additions throughout the process. The Bengali Tiger has a hoppy snap upfront, but strides at a steady pace, and finishes balanced. The signature characteristic of the Tiger is the aroma… we use massive quantities of whole East Kent Goldings hops to dry hop in our conditioning tanks. The result? The essential oils from the hops are an enticing treat before every sip. Notice the lacing of stripes around the pint glass as you finish your glass; it’s the mark of the Tiger.
5.) Ballast Point Sculpin IPA comes in with 7% ABV and earns “100 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. The Sculpin IPA is a testament to our humble beginnings as Home Brew Mart. Founded in 1992, the Mart continues to be a catalyst for the San Diego brewing scene, setting the trend for handcrafted ales. Inspired by our customers, employees and brewers, the Sculpin IPA is bright with aromas of apricot, peach, mango and lemon. Its lighter body also brings out the crispness of the hops. This delicious Ballast Point Ale took a Bronze Medal at the 2007 Great American Beer Festival in the Pro Am category. The Sculpin fish has poisonous spikes on its fins that can give a strong sting. Ironically, the meat from a Sculpin is considered some of the most tasty. Something that has a sting but tastes great, sounds like a Ballast Point India Pale Ale.
6. Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA comes in with 6% ABV and earns “99 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. A session India Pale Ale brewed with Warrior, Amarillo & ‘Mystery Hop X.’ A powerful East Coast I.P.A. with a lot of citrusy hop character. THE session beer for beer geeks like us! 6% abv 60 ibu Tasting Notes: Citrus, cedar, pine & candied-orange flavors, floral. Food Pairing recommendations: Spicy foods, pesto, grilled salmon, soy-based dishes, pizza.
7. Founder’s All Day IPA comes in wtih 4.7% ABV and earns “98 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com.Keeps your taste satisfied while keeping your senses sharp. An all-day IPA naturally brewed with a complex array of malts, grains and hops. Balanced for optimal aromatic and a clean finish. The perfect reward for an honest day’s work and the ultimate companion to celebrate life’s simple pleasures.
8. *Local Beer* Carton Brewing 007xx Double IPA! (From the Atlantic Highlands!) “Like all things truly Jersey, 077XX makes the most in balancing through its accentuation of extremes. Inspired by the west coast IPAs we love, we added a thump of hops to a dynamic malt profile and chose a yeast to drive these two further than they wanted to go. Throw our water into this mix and you will find dank green resinous hops popping over orange, mango and papaya aromas, with just enough sweetness of body to make the long finish a pleasure to have around. A double IPA perfect for adding fuel to the fire of a dinner, a game, or an idea, drink it when your night matters. – 93 POINTS! ” – RateBeer.com
17. Delirium Tremens comes in with 8.5% ABV and earns “94 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. Launched on December 26th 1989 @ 9% abv. Abv reduced from 9% to 8.5% in 2003. The particular character and the unique taste of “Delirium Tremens” result from the use of three different kinds of yeast. Its very original packing, which resembles cologne ceramics, and the colourful label contribute to its success. In 1997, Stuart A. Kallen nominated Delirium Tremens as “best beer in the world”. A gold medal during the “world beer championships” in Chicago (1998) confirmed that worldwide recognition.
18. Founder’s Dirty Bastard comes in with 8.5% ABV and earns “98 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. Dirty Bastard is an absolute beautiful beer to behold. Dark ruby in color and brewed with ten varieties of imported malts this beer continuously lives up to its reputation as a bold and powerful ale. Dirty Bastard is complex in the finish with hints of smoke and peat paired with a malty richness, finalized with a good bit of hop attitude. This beer “ain’t fer the wee lads”
19. Terrapin Hopsecutioner comes in with 7.3% ABV and earns “96 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. Hear ye, hear ye… All hopheads shall herewith rejoice! Terrapin hath recruited ye old HOPSECUTIONER to execute the exact hop profile for this killer IPA. You may lose your hophead over this one!
20. Long Trail Limbo IPA from Vermont comes in with 7.6% ABV and earns “97 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. This IPA is big and brimming with the flavors and aromas of the new breed of hops coming out of Australia and the Pacific Northwest.
21. Lindemans Framboise Raspberry Lambic comes in with 2.5% ABV and earns “95 Points!” – Ratebeer.com.A clean natural tasting brew with undertones of fresh raspberries and a wonderful aroma
22. *New This Week* Sixpoint Sensi Harvest Ale comes in with 4.7% ABV!
A copper ale bursting with fresh, undisturbed hop character. Juicy wet-hops carefully selected by the Mad Scientists make Sensi Harvest a unique delicacy available only at harvest time.
23. *New This Week* Yards Cape of Good Hope IPA comes in with 9% ABV and earns “89 POINTS! Our Cape of Good Hope, which changes year to year, pays homage to the original style and adventurous spirit of the first British IPAs. This past year’s release, a west coast style double IPA, is brewed with 100% pilsner malt, imparting a subtle maltiness and beautiful golden color. Loaded with hops, there’s Columbus in the kettle and Centennial in the whirlpool. Then it’s dry hopped with El Dorado, Calypso, and Galaxy, resulting in a dry, crisp ale with unmistakable flavors and aromas of tropical fruits.
24. *New This Week* Carton RAV comes in with 8.6% ABV! Continuing our path of fall gourd ales that aren’t just “pumpkin pie spice mix” darker beers, we turn again to cuisine for spur. Here we deconstruct a “Zucca Ravioli” served in brown butter and sage topped with grated biscotti. Roasted butternut squash meat with butter added to the mash of a rich ale, fermented on anise cookies from our cohorts at The Flaky Tart and dry hopped with sage from our neighbors The Homestead at 7 Arrows. An autumn plate from the hills of Northern Italy interpreted as a Jersey harvest time ale. Drink Rav because there are always more spices on that shelf.
9. Angry Orchard Crisp Apple comes in with 5% ABV! This crisp and refreshing cider mixes the sweetness of the apples with a subtle dryness for a balanced cider taste. The fresh apple aroma and slightly sweet, ripe apple flavor make this cider hard to resist.
10. Southern Tier 2X-Rye comes in with 8.1% ABV and earns “95 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. What is rye? Rye is a cereal grain historically grown in our region. It has been cultivated since the time of the early settlers due to the scrappy and hearty ability to withstand harsh climates and poor growing conditions. Did you know George Washington grew rye and used it to ferment whiskey? Were pretty sure that is a fact. You will notice the distinct notes of rye, a slightly spicy and grainy aroma not lost in the shuffle of hops and the four other malted grains we use in this fine seasonal addition to our 2X line
11. Dogfish Head Kvasir Ale comes in from Delaware with 10% ABV and earns “94 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. A tart and herbaceous hybrid Scandinavian grog. The newest in our lineup of Ancient Ales, Kvasir (say: Va-seer’) is brewed with lingonberries, cranberries, birch syrup and herbs.
12. Southern Tier IPA comes in from New York with 7.3% ABV and earns “96 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. IPA stands for India Pale Ale and ours is an American version of the classic style. IPA’s namesake lies in its colonial roots. British soldiers on their way to India dark a lot of beer, but found it would go stale on the long voyages. Meanwhile, brewers knew that by adding more hops, the beer would stay fresh. Voila! A new style was born and it is one we are proud to brew. Southern Tier IPA is a triple-hopped on its journey to your glass for a fully aromatic experience.
13. Lancaster Brewing Strawberry Wheat comes in with 4.7% ABV! Just in time for the summer,this American wheat lager style beer with subtle suggestion of real,fresh strawberries,is the perfect pint of true refreshment. Light and crisp, our Strawberry Wheat is a “must try” for fruit and beer lovers alike.
14. *New This Week* Cottrell Mystic Bridge IPA comes in with 6% ABV! Be the first of your friends to try this!
15. Kane Head High comes in from Ocean Township, NJ with 6.5% ABV and earns “99 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. Head High is our interpretation of an American-style India Pale Ale (IPA). This beer is all about the hops; we use a blend of five different varieties all grown in the Pacific Northwest. A small charge of Chinook and Columbus early in the boil adds a smooth bitterness. A majority of the hops are then added late in the kettle or post-fermentation to produce a beer that is heavy on hop flavor and aroma. The combination of Cascade, Centennial, Citra and Columbus give Head High a noticeable grapefruit flavor with aromas of citrus, tropical fruits and pine. Our house American ale yeast ferments to a dry finish that accentuates the use of imported Pilsner and lightly kilned crystal malt resulting in Head High’s straw color and crisp flavor.
16. *Local Beer* Carton Brewing Boat (From the Atlantic Highlands!) “Boat Beer is designed to be complex enough to merit drinking a few without being crippled by alcohol. Kolsch yeast and German malts are combined to be crisp and refreshing; while a generous amount of American hops have been added to keep it remarkable. Expect it to dance out of the glass with a whack of grapefruit and open into a crisp, stony tangle of white and yellow fruit with pine and moss notes. An IPA for everyday drinking, drink boat beer when you are thirsty from softball, fishing, or explaining why your team is best. – 90 POINTS! ” – RateBeer.com
25. 21st Amendment Brewing Hell or High Watermelon fruit beer comes in with 4% ABV! This is one seriously refreshing brew for the summer!
26. *Seasonal* Southern Tier Warlock Imperial Pumpkin Stout comes in with 8.6% ABV and earns “97 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. Imperial stout brewed with pumpkins Warlock is brewed to enchant your palate on its own and also to counterpoint our Imperial Ale, Pumking. Make your own black magic by carefully pouring this Imperial Stout into a goblet.
Dark and mysterious, the Blackwater Series is serious about high gravity. Reanimate your senses with Warlock’s huge roasted malt character, moderate carbonation and spicy pumpkin pie aroma.
27. *Seasonal* Southern Tier Pumking comes in with 8.6% ABV and earns “98 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. Pumking is an ode to Púca, a creature of Celtic folklore, who is both feared and respected by those who believe in it. Púca is said to waylay travelers throughout the night, tossing them on its back, and providing them the ride of their lives, from which they return forever changed. Brewed in the spirit of All Hallows Eve, a time of the year when spirits can make contact with the physical world and when magic is most potent. Pour Pumking into a goblet and allow it’s alluring spirit to overflow. As spicy aromas present themselves, let it’s deep copper color entrance you as your journey into this mystical brew has just begun. As the first drops touch your tongue a magical spell will bewitch your taste buds making it difficult to escape the Pumking.
28.) *New This Week* Neshaminy Creek Punkel Dunkel comes in with 8.8% ABV and is INCREDIBLE! This is the first year that this beer has been introduced into the market, and why shouldn’t you be the first of your friends to have tried it?
29. *Seasonal* Dogfish Head Punkin Ale comes in with 7% ABV and earns “90 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. Punkin’ Ale is a full-bodied, spiced brown ale brewed with baked pumpkins, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar. Dogfish Head Punkin’ Ale is named after the annual Punkin’ Chunkin Festival held near Lewes, Delaware the weekend after Halloween.
30. *Seasonal* Fegley’s Devious Imperial Pumpkin comes in with 9% ABV and is a must try going into the fall season!
31. *Seasonal* Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale comes in with 8% ABV ane earns “98 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. Brewed with Pumpkin and Spices(Cinnamon,Nutmeg,Cardamom,Cloves). This 8.0% ABV pumpkin ale is heartier, spicier, and more caramelly and pumpkiny than its faint brethren! Perfect finisher on a cool autumn night, or match it up with a slice of pumpkin pie and fresh whipped cream. If you don’t agree this is the mother of all pumpkin ales, then you just don’t like mothers!
32. *Seasonal* Riverhorse Hipp-O-Lantern Imperial Pumpkin Ale comes in with 8.1% ABV and earns “95 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. HIPP-O-LANTERN Imperial Pumpkin Ale brewed with pumpkin puree and spices