Shrewsbury Wine & Liquors sent over their growler list. NJCB Members save too! Enjoy $2 off 64oz & $1 off 32oz growler fills and/or $1 off craft beer 6 packs and/or 10% off craft beer mixed case for NJCB Members!
1. New This Week* Stone RuinTen Imperial/Double IPA comes in with 10.8% ABV and earns “100 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. “In June 2012, we celebrated the 10th birthday of our notoriously mega-hopped double IPA, Stone Ruination IPA, with the release of a very special version that was even bigger and, incredibly, even hoppier than the original. If Stone Ruination IPA is “A Liquid Poem to the Glory of the Hop,” then Stone Ruination Tenth Anniversary IPA was an amped-up heavy metal version of that ode delivered with the force of a sledgehammer. Luckily for us, our fans love loud and aggressive brews, specifically when copious amounts of humulus lupulus are involved. The original release of this beer was so instantly beloved by those who dared try it” – From the Brewery
2. Dogfish Head Burton Baton comes in with 10% ABV and earns “99 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. The elusive brew is made from pilsner malt and amber malt with an original gravity of 26.5?P, yielding an 11% abv. It’s hopped with Warrior and Glacier varieties. Primary fermentation takes place in open vessels using two yeast strains, one American and one English. For added complexity, the beer is conditioned on barrel staves of French Oak for four months before being dry hopped with Glacier at the rate of a half-pound per barrel. This elixir is then blended 50/50 with 90 Minute IPA. After blending, the beer will measure 80 IBU and 10% abv. Bottled in corked bottles through Michael Jackson’s rare beer club by late November 04 and available in 12 ounce full distribution in early January 05.
3. Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA comes in with 9% ABV and earns “100 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., “perhaps the best I.P.A. in America.” An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal!
4.Weyerbacher Merry Monks comes in with 9.3% ABV and earns “88 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. At Weyerbacher we’ve recreated a Belgian Trippel without limitation. We use premium Pilsener malts, candi-sugar, and yeast strains- all imported from Belgium. To be true to the style, our Trippel is bottle conditioned. This means we add a bit of candi-sugar and yeast just prior to bottling. This imparts a special effervescence to the beer, a creamier carbonation, and also extends the shelf life. The on-going fermentation inside the bottle will change the character of the beer as it ages, and you’ll find it becomes dryer with age. You may want to lay down a few bottles for future evaluation. We suggest storing at cellar temperatures -around 55 degrees F- and away from light
5. Dogfish Head Aprihop comes in with 7% ABV and earns “98 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com.A strong IPA brewed with real apricots and finished with whole leaf Willamette and Cascade hops.
6. *New This Week* Flying Dog Woody Creek Belgian White comes in with 4.8% ABV and earns “87 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. This unfiltered and traditionally spiced Wit beer is brewed with coriander and bitter orange peel.
7. Great Divide Chocolate Yeti comes in with 9.5% ABV and earns “100 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. We toned down the hops a bit to allow cocoa nibs to contribute some pleasing bitterness, while vanilla notes from the oak combine with the cocoa to create an aroma and flavor akin to a gourmet chocolate bar. A dash of cayenne keeps things lively, adding just a bit of heat to the finish. A Yeti for summer? Hell yes.
8. *Local Beer* Carton Brewing 007xx Double IPA! (From the Atlantic Highlands!) “Like all things truly Jersey, 077XX makes the most in balancing through its accentuation of extremes. Inspired by the west coast IPAs we love, we added a thump of hops to a dynamic malt profile and chose a yeast to drive these two further than they wanted to go. Throw our water into this mix and you will find dank green resinous hops popping over orange, mango and papaya aromas, with just enough sweetness of body to make the long finish a pleasure to have around. A double IPA perfect for adding fuel to the fire of a dinner, a game, or an idea, drink it when your night matters. – 93 POINTS! ” – RateBeer.com
9. Angry Orchard Crisp Apple comes in with 5% ABV! This crisp and refreshing cider mixes the sweetness of the apples with a subtle dryness for a balanced cider taste. The fresh apple aroma and slightly sweet, ripe apple flavor make this cider hard to resist.
10. *New This Week* Southern Tier Farmer’s Tan Session IPA comes in with 4.6% ABV!
When the sun hangs high overhead and the stars don’t glimmer until well into the evening, there’s nothing better than grabbing another beer. We specially crafted Farmer’s Tan to be the beer you enjoy on those long summer days. At 4.6% abv, it’s one of our lightest, with a smooth body and easy finish. We carefully limited the ingredients to two types of hops and two types of malts for a perfectly balanced, “sessional” India Pale Ale. We’ve got the beer covered. It’s up to you to keep the sunscreen on.
11. *New This Week* Boxcar Mango Ginger IPA comes in with 7% ABV! Just in time for the warm summer days, Mango Ginger Ale is flying off shelves faster than we ever thought possible! It must be that crisp, delicious flavor taking everyone by storm. First take in fresh mango to your nose, then get a hint of ginger with the first sip. Bright mango washes it down, and finally a ginger pop comes back with hops in the finish.
12. Neshaminy Creek Blitzkrieg Hops is a must try! This British-styled Double India Pale Ale harkens back to the days when British brewers packed as much Lupulin punch into every keg for their journey across the seas to quench the thirst of citizens across the Empire. While we certainly took a lot of liberty in our modern “interpretation” by using a gratuitous amount of some of the best new UK hop varieties available, we also didn’t skimp on an excess amount of malt backbone either. Coming in at 9.0% ABV and 90+ IBUs, we have no doubt this monster of a beer would have had no trouble making any journey across the seas
13. Allagash Saison comes in with 6.1% ABV and earns “96 POINTS!” -Ratebeer.com Allagash Saison is our interpretation of a classic Belgian farmhouse style. It is a golden hued beer, brewed with a 2-Row blend, malted rye, oats and dark Belgian candi sugar. It was hopped with Tettnang, Bravo and Cascade hops. Fermented with a traditional saison yeast strain, this beer exhibits notes of spice and tropical fruit in the aroma. Citrus and a peppery spice dominate the flavor and make way for a pleasant malt character. Saison is full bodied with a remarkably dry finish.
14. *Local Beer* Kane Head High IPA comes in with 6.5% ABV and earns “99 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. “Head High is our interpretation of an American-style India Pale Ale (IPA). This beer is all about the hops; we use a blend of five different varieties all grown in the Pacific Northwest. A small charge of Chinook and Columbus early in the boil adds a smooth bitterness. A majority of the hops are then added late in the kettle or post-fermentation to produce a beer that is heavy on hop flavor and aroma. The combination of Cascade, Centennial, Citra and Columbus give Head High a noticeable grapefruit flavor with aromas of citrus, tropical fruits and pine. Our house American ale yeast ferments to a dry finish that accentuates the use of imported Pilsner and lightly kilned crystal malt resulting in Head High’s straw color and crisp flavor.” – Commercial Description
15. *New This Week* Yards Heavy Hands IPA comes in with 6% ABV and is so new, that no one has reviewed it yet! Be the first of your friends to have tried it at Shrewsbury Wine & Liquors!
16. *Local Beer* Carton Brewing Boat (From the Atlantic Highlands!) “Boat Beer is designed to be complex enough to merit drinking a few without being crippled by alcohol. Kolsch yeast and German malts are combined to be crisp and refreshing; while a generous amount of American hops have been added to keep it remarkable. Expect it to dance out of the glass with a whack of grapefruit and open into a crisp, stony tangle of white and yellow fruit with pine and moss notes. An IPA for everyday drinking, drink boat beer when you are thirsty from softball, fishing, or explaining why your team is best. – 90 POINTS! ” – RateBeer.com
17. Delirium Tremens comes in with 8.5% ABV and earns “94 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. Launched on December 26th 1989 @ 9% abv. Abv reduced from 9% to 8.5% in 2003. The particular character and the unique taste of “Delirium Tremens” result from the use of three different kinds of yeast. Its very original packing, which resembles cologne ceramics, and the colourful label contribute to its success. In 1997, Stuart A. Kallen nominated Delirium Tremens as “best beer in the world”. A gold medal during the “world beer championships” in Chicago (1998) confirmed that worldwide recognition.
18. *Back By Popular Demand* Southern Tier 2xIPA comes in with 8.2% ABV and earns “97 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com! Not quite an imperial, but certainly not a standard India pale ale. Our double IPA is a hop lovers dream. Citrusy and clean with an incredible finish.
19. Terrapin Hopsecutioner comes in with 7.3% ABV and earns “96 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. Hear ye, hear ye… All hopheads shall herewith rejoice! Terrapin hath recruited ye old HOPSECUTIONER to execute the exact hop profile for this killer IPA. You may lose your hophead over this one!
20. Kane Cloud Cover comes in with 4.8% ABV! Cloud Cover is inspired by the rustic ales of old world Belgium and is meant to be dry and refreshing yet still full of complexity. It honors the farmhouse brewing tradition while incorporating modern Sorachi Ace hops – a varietal not available a hundred years ago, but a perfect complement to the style. Saison yeast ferments a malt bill of imported pilsner, red wheat, and rye for subtle notes of earthy, peppery spice. Both sweet and Curacao orange peel in the boil make for bright citrus flavors and we add touch of coriander in tribute to traditional witbiers. The bold lemon flavors and aromas of the Sorachi hops add a new dimension. Light in body, dry and refreshing, Cloud Cover is the perfect match for outdoor dining or any activity as the days get longer and warmer.
21. Lindemans Framboise Raspberry Lambic comes in with 2.5% ABV and earns “95 Points!” – Ratebeer.com.A clean natural tasting brew with undertones of fresh raspberries and a wonderful aroma
22. Founder’s Dirty Bastard comes in with 8.5% ABV and earns “98 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. Founders flagship beer. Dirty Bastard is an absolute beautiful beer to behold. Dark ruby in color and brewed with ten varieties of imported malts this beer continuously lives up to its reputation as a bold and powerful ale. Dirty Bastard is complex in the finish with hints of smoke and peat paired with a malty richness, finalized with a good bit of hop attitude. This beer “ain’t fer the wee lads”
23. Founder’s Centennial IPA comes in with 7.2% ABV and earns “99 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. Selected as a benchmark for the Beer Judge Certification Program used in all American based beer judgings. Centennial IPA has quickly become the IPA of choice. Pour yourself a pint of this complex flavorful ale and bask in the frothy head’s floral bouquet. Relish the immense citrus accents, achieved by the abundance of dry hopping. This ale’s sweet, malty undertones balance the hop character with a finish that never turns too bitter.
24. *New This Week* Breckenridge Summer Bright Ale comes in with 4.5% ABV! The brewmaster’s goal: the perfect ale for summertime quaffing, nothing more. SummerBright is the result. The craftsman’s touch combines white wheat, two row pale and munich malt with the pacific northwest’s most intriguing hops to create a bright, clean ale ideal for picnicking, evenings on the screen porch and enjoying the whims of the summer breeze. Do not miss out on this limited seasonal!
24. *New This Week!* 21st Amendment Brewing Head or High Watermelon fruit beer comes in with 4% ABV! This is one seriously refreshing brew for the summer!
25. Founder’s All Day IPA comes in with 4.7% ABV and earns “96 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. The beer you’ve been waiting for. Keeps your taste satisfied while keeping your senses sharp. An all-day IPA naturally brewed with a complex array of malts, grains and hops. Balanced for optimal aromatic and a clean finish. The perfect reward for an honest day’s work and the ultimate companion to celebrate life’s simple pleasures.
26. Yards Brawler comes in with 4.2% ABV! Boasting superior taste and champion flavor, the Brawler is crafted in the style of English session ales. This malt-forward, ruby colored ale is great for when you want to go a few rounds.
27.) Stone Arrogant Bastard comes in with 7.2% ABV and earns “99 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. The brewers say “This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.”
29. Weyerbacher Last Chance IPA comes in with 5.9% ABV! A full-flavored hop assault delightfully lacking in balance. A combination of Centennial, Cascade, Simcoe and Columbus hops are used to produce pungent aromas of grapefruit, pine and citrus.
30. Dogfish Head Festina Peche comes in with 4.5% ABV. A refreshing neo-Berliner Weisse fermented with peaches.
31. *New This Week* Neshaminy Creek Highwater Hefeweizen comes in with 5.2% ABV!Since we’ve still got a solid four weeks left of summer we decided to throw a few batches of our German Hefeweizen into the kettle just before the short summer days are gone. Our traditional Hefeweizen is brewed with over 50% white wheat, pilsen malt, a hint of Munich malt for color, and fermented with an authentic German Hefeweizen yeast.
32. Delirium Tremmens Noel comes in with 10% ABV and earns “97 POINTS!” – Ratebeer.com. No commercial description is available for thie incredible brew, but it is one of our favorites for the year!