Assistant Brewer/Packaging Technician
Assistant Brewer/Packaging Technician/Cellar Person
Departed Soles Brewing Company in Jersey City, New Jersey – just 3 blocks from the PATH Train into/from New York City – is looking for a hard working individual to join the team. Our brewery is expanding in capacity as well as geographical distribution, and this position along with its responsibilities will be catered towards the experience level of the person taking it over, from entry level to lead.
Our team believes in a cross-competency model, and all individuals will be trained up on every aspect of our operation, to the simple tasks of running a brewery such as measurements and inventory management, to brew days, seam measurements, quality control, and wort management.
While this position is largely Monday through Friday, no brewery job is truly a simple 9-5. Our mornings start at 6 or 7am, and go until the beer says it is done! Employees are responsible for their own commute and vehicle accommodations if driving into the city. Full health benefits are provided after a 3 month contract period. All experience levels are encouraged to apply.
Please clearly state salary and benefit expectations in your cover letter.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
– Assembly and CIP of fermentation and brite tanks
– Laying Mash, water profile adjustments, brewhouse monitoring
– Transfer/Oxygen Level adjustments of wort
-Fermentation Monitoring (Gravity, pH, temp)
– Active fermentation additions
– Cold crash additions
– Barrel monitoring
– Brite tank measurements/adjustments
– Fermentation tank and brite tank CIP
– Cellar QC/QA
– Adherence to documentation practices
– Evaluation of raw materials
– Evaluation of brewery equipment
– General brewery maintenance/cleanliness
– Ingredient inventory management
– Finished Goods inventory management
– Assistance with sales calls, festivals, etc.
-Professional brewing experience with references preferred, but not required; Profession Brewing Education or volunteer experience a major plus in absence of formal brewing education
– Experience operating commercial canning equipment and acquiring seem measurements a plus but not required
– Experience driving a commercial vehicle/van a plus
– Adaptability and a “Team Player” mentality a must
– Ability to work a Monday – Friday schedule, starting as early as 6am, and ending as late as 8pm; some week nights and weekends will be required on occasion
– Self-starter mentality required, as we are a small brewery, and you will often be working alone
– Ability to frequently lift 55 pounds approximately 5 feet in the air
– Ability to safely and competently move around and stack full kegs by his or her self
– Ability to climb in and out of Mash Tun and Kettle for CIP purposes (5’)
– Ability to work on feet for prolonged periods
– Must have self-awareness around mechanical equipment and be able to work safely while functioning in tight spaces
– Conscientious of hazardous materials and how to handle them properly
– Have an exceptionally high standard for quality and take pride in one’s own work
– Ability to drive a commercial van with confidence
– Familiarity with service industry cleanliness, protocols, and management
Please email any questions, salary requirements, cover letter, and resume to Manager (at) DepartedSoles (dot) com.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to working with you!
Instructions for applying
Email resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements, to Manager (at) DepartedSoles (dot) com
URL of Job if applicable
This position was submitted by Brian Kulbacki, Owner at Departed Soles Brewing Company on 08/31/2021