Position: Assistant Brewer
Three 3’s Brewing Company is looking to add an assistant brewer to our team. This position will work in all aspects of the brewing and cellaring process. The desired candidate is expected to have an unmatched passion for craft beer, be highly motivated, and obsessed with cleanliness.
In the short term, we envision a qualified applicant will progress to brewing their own recipes on our 1bbl pilot system with minimal oversight and input from the Head Brewer.
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
• Setup and sanitize fermentation tanks on brew days
• Operate brewery controls during mash in, sparge, lauter, boil, whirlpool, and transfer to fermenter.
• Prepare and add hop additions
• Mash out and cleaning of Mash Tun
• CIP of brewhouse
• Harvest and pitch yeast
• Prepare dry hop and fruit additions
• Monitor all aspects of batches during active fermentation and conditioning
• Keg washing and filling
• Work with Head Brewer to keep an improvement log on all issues as they develop
• Assist with inventory counts and ordering supplies
• Complete all necessary paperwork and brew logs accurately and on time
• Willingness to assist in tasting room
• Extreme attention to detail
• Obsession with cleanliness
• Ability to think quickly, identify issues and implement practical solutions
• Ability to effectively work independently and as a team
• Growth-oriented mindset with a willingness to openly communicate mistakes and gaps in knowledge
• An ability to work a flexible schedule, including some weekends
• Ability to lift 55lbs grain bags and to push and pull 165lbs kegs
• Comfort climbing and working on ladders
• Comfortable handling brewing chemicals
• Able to stand/be on feet for extended periods of time
• A working knowledge of brewing processes and procedures
• Professional brewing experience preferred
• Formal brewing education from a recognized body preferred
• Experience using a forklift a plus
• Must be 21 years or older
Compensation is paid bi-weekly per Three 3’s regular payroll schedule. This is an hourly wage job with compensation based on experience level. The incumbent averages between 30 and 35 hours per week and does not regularly exceed 40 hours.
Instructions for applying
Interested parties should send their resume, cover letter and availability to Three3sbrewingjobs@gmail.com. As the position requires attention to detail, responses sent to other e-mail addresses will not be responded to.
URL of Job if applicable
This position was submitted by Mike Geller, Head Brewer/Owner at Three 3’s Brewing Company on 08/01/2018