We’re searching for a motivated and friendly part-time BeerTender to assist our amazing patrons one or two days per week! ‘Bout the Hops Brewing (BTH) is an up-and-coming brewery in Mount Laurel, New Jersey. In operation for two years, we have 18 taps in rotation and although we specialize in IPAs, we have something for everyone including Belgians, Stouts, Sours, seasonal offerings and even a Hard Seltzer. We are on the lookout for someone interested in the beer industry as a whole; experience working in taprooms is preferred, but not necessary.
BeerTenders at BTH are responsible for pouring and serving beers to patrons, facilitating checkouts through our point-of-sale system, attending to the needs of our patrons, maintaining a clean and orderly taproom, restocking inventory, reserving private and semi-private events, assisting the brewer with minimal tasks, and in general, ensuring a fun and engaging atmosphere to enjoy our beer.
What we require of applicants:
– Initial need is for one or two shifts per week, but must have flexibility to work weekday evenings and all-day on the weekends
– Must be at least 21 years old
– A valid driver’s license (non-CDL)
– Ability to lift 50lbs comfortably, with or without reasonable accommodation
– Ability to stand for twelve or more hours a day
– Prior work experience in service industry or beer industry
– Comfort using ladders at reasonable heights
– TIPS or ServSafe certification, or the ability to obtain certification within two weeks of hiring
– Comfort attending to customer’s needs
– Comfort communicating with management
– Ability to follow a task schedule on a daily and weekly basis
– An appreciation and/or affinity for beer
What are the benefits of working for BTH?
– Contribution to a growing business, a team of innovative workers, and a cooperative industry
– All tips earned are kept by the beer tender(s) on duty
– Creative input for future beer releases and taproom events
– Participation in offsite festivals and events
Instructions for applying
If you think you’re the right fit to join our team, please email a copy of your resume and date/time availability for an interview to:
URL of Job if applicable
This position was submitted by Jason Ciarlante, Taproom Manager at Bout the Hops Brewing on 01/03/2023