BeerTender for Untied Brewing Company
Untied Brewing Company is searching for an experienced Beertender who is familiar with a wide variety of beer styles and is capable of delivering quality customer service. Our Taproom is a place where we share our story and teach visitors about beer and the brewing process. We are looking for someone to join our team who shares a passion for craft beer and interacting with the craft beer community. Our taproom is the point of sale for several on tap varieties, beer flights, beer-to-go, and merchandise. The position will be part time, 10 – 20 hours per week, with occasional extra hours/days as available. The Beertender will be responsible for serving patrons, monitoring the cash drawer, and performing alcohol inventories at the end of each night to help maintain inventory levels. The ideal candidate must thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, while having excellent customer service and effectively making use of downtime. The Beertender pays close attention to all operational details to ensure the comfort, safety and enjoyment of guests as well as the financial success of the establishment.
• Deliver a consistently high level of customer service to each customer, acting as the front line of our brand. Creating a welcoming and friendly experience for all visitors
• Welcome customers, determine customers’ beverage preferences, educate customers on craft beer / industry/company, make recommendations, and take drink orders. Also provide fun, engaging tours of the facility
• Perform opening and closing duties of the TapRoom and Brewery
• Participate in regularly scheduled training sessions and meetings
• Maintain a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning taproom, and washing glasses and equipment in accordance with the service guidelines and requirements of the local health department
• Check identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol and serve customers in compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations
• Handle cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register. Maintain an accurate cash drawer throughout the day or night and be able to account for any and all discrepancies in the final drawer tally
• Assist during company and community events. Perform other tasks as requested.
• Must be TIPS or similarly certified and prior bartending experience preferred
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must be passionate about craft beer and the craft beer industry
• Must be able to understand the brewing process and terminology
• Must be able to lift 75lbs, move full beer kegs, and be able to stand up to 8 hours
• Applicants must be able to work weekends, year-round, and holidays when open
• Cicerone and BJCP certification a plus
Instructions for applying
If you are interested and have the qualifications we are seeking, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications without a resume will not be considered. Untied Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation or marital/familial status.
URL of Job if applicable
This position was submitted by Kimberly Green, Owner and VP Sales & Marketing at Untied Brewing Company on 12/17/2018