Full Time Brewer
Departed Soles Brewing Company, located in Jersey City, New Jersey, is looking to hire a Full Time Production Brewer!
As Jersey City’s First Brewery since Prohibition, Departed Soles operates a Microbrewery and Tasting Room that is open 7 days a week in one of the State’s largest and most populous cities. In its 8th year, Departed Soles operates a 7 barrel brew house paired with five 15 Barrel fermenters and a Cask mACS canning line, with a growing distribution network that already includes 7 different states, and a production capacity exceeding 1,100 Barrels.
While Departed Soles is most known for our gluten free beer (and trolling of the Houston Astros’ fan base), the Jersey City Lagers & Ales Team also products #DefinitelyNotGlutenFreebeer, and operates with a proprietary cleaning process throughout its facility. We are searching for a Full Time Production Brewer and Canning Line Operator to assist in all the daily tasks involved in our brewery.
This job is largely Monday through Friday, with start times around 7am most days. While we are ideally looking for someone with a minimum of 1 year craft brewery/production experience, we are open to hiring entry level, as well as more experience, brewers. Experience producing gluten free beer is a plus, but not required. The ability to work on gluten containing and gluten free products in a safe and responsible manner, while appreciating the nuances and seriousness of such tasks, is, however, required.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
– Wort production, brew house operation, fermentation management
– Brewery maintenance
– Canning Line Maintenance
– Contributing to recipe development
– Cellaring: Dry Hopping, Tank Readings, Fermentation adjustments, Carbonation, Wort Transferring
– CIP and Maintenance of Brewery Equipment and Production Space in line with proprietary process
– Yeast propagation, harvesting and pitching
– Hop, Fruit and adjunct additions
– Barrel filling, monitoring and emptying
– Basic brewery equipment maintenance
– Basic facilities cleaning and maintenance
– Keg filling and washing
– Represent Brewery at off premise events
– Assistance with Tasting Room when needed
– Assistance with Sales and Lead Management when needed
– Ingredient Inventory Management and ordering
– Occasionally walking the brewery dog
– Product Inventory Management
– Draft Line cleaning and maintenance
– Strict adherence to sanitary and record-keeping standards
– Strong work ethic, Self-Starter
– Team player, across all job levels
– Able to work in small spaces and climb in/out of tanks
– Great communications and interpersonal skills
– Adaptable – ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
– Excellent time management and organizational skills
– Close attention to details
– Willingness to assist with tasks outside key responsibilities
– Able to lift 55# grain bags
– Able to operate a pallet jack (yes, we have to put this)
– Able to stack half barrel kegs safely
– Able to stand for 8-10 hours a day
This position is full-time, on-site at our Jersey City, NJ brewery location. Employees must provide their own transportation to work. Departed Soles does not reimburse for commute expenses nor does it have the ability to provide parking for employees. There is abundant mass transit access, pay-lots, and street parking (permits available to purchase from Jersey City) available.
This job description, requirements, and tasks above are reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limit Ownership, Management, or Supervisors from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
TO APPLY TO THIS POSITION: please e-mail your resume and cover letter in PDF format to Manager@DepartedSoles.com
Departed Soles Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Instructions for applying
Email Resume and Cover Letter as PDF to Manager (at) DepartedSoles.com
URL of Job if applicable
This position was submitted by Brian Kulbacki, Owner at Departed Soles Brewing Company on 04/26/2023