Mid-Atlantic Sales Manager
Mid – Atlantic Sales Manager-NY/NJ/PA
Hop Head Farms, LLC
Location: Remote (Work from Home)
Salary: Commensurate with experience plus commission
Hop Head Farms LLC (www.hopheadfarms.com) is a Michigan based grower and supplier of premium aroma, flavor and bittering hops. Knowledgeable and experienced management, sustainable growing practices, hands on selection, and our commitment to our customers ensure the highest quality hops brewers large and small that we proudly serve in the U.S. and abroad.
Hop Head Farms Sales Manager works autonomously on maintaining current accounts and developing new business within the craft brewing industry with emphasis on “high touch” sales and customer service, frequent customer contact and consultative tactics. Manager reports to the Senior Sales Account Manager.
Candidates should possess:
· A strong desire to build a career in sales
· 2+ years of proven results oriented experience in outside sales or within a relevant industry (craft brewing, “craft” focused food and beverage, hospitality, etc.)
· A competitive spirit, confidence, ambition and a commitment to achieving results
· Excellent organizational skills, strong work ethic and be self-motivated
· A high level of physical and intellectual energy and demonstrate a positive mindset.
· Strong sense of judgment and professionalism
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated problem solving skills
· Proven ability to work both independently and within a team to meet objectives
· Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent tasks
· Familiarity with Microsoft suite of products including Word and Excel
· Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, though exceptions may be considered for candidates with comparable background acquired through extensive experience
Expectations of the role:
· Grow business within the territory through leveraging existing relationships while developing new opportunities.
· Identify and call on core, established accounts, and identify and prioritize new customer opportunities to generate incremental contract and spot sales.
· Work collaboratively with HHF Sales Representatives in other territories to generate leads, pass off industry knowledge (e.g. brewer movements) and develop domestic sales strategies.
· Develop an action plan to establish business with key strategic accounts.
· Build and foster professional business relationships with key strategic accounts and influencers.
· Focus on sales of hop and hop products from the company’s portfolio to increase the number of varieties purchased by a client, and increase the volume and/or duration of forward contracts.
· Retain current customers and protect Hop Head Farms from competitive threats by maintaining high visibility, providing clear communication and ensuring customer satisfaction.
· Establish sales call procedures and processes to deliver results with timely closing and follow-up.
· Partner with Hop Head Farms Shipping and Logistics Department to ensure orders are processed and products shipped and received in accordance with customer requirements.
· Partner with Sales & Marketing Analyst and broader sales team to develop content for blog posts and monthly newsletters. Work directly with Sales & Marketing Manager to develop territory specific communication workstreams and promotions/marketing events.
· Serve as initial point of contact and reach-out for all payment and past due collection inquiries
· Establish sales goals, understand Hop Head Farms “value proposition” and create a selling story while anticipating and handling objections.
· Effectively communicate internally with Hop Head Farms teams, and externally with customers.
· Develop and conduct impactful sales presentations and engaging interactive hop evaluation (the “rub”).
· Maintain up-to-date sales records and files.
· Provide timely, professional and succinct Executive Summaries on successes, achievements, and opportunities.
· Utilize company CRM software to ensure account information and activity is kept current.
· Demonstrate current working knowledge and fluency in Hop Varieties and Beer Styles.
· Understand the Craft Brewing landscape: brands, the market, key players, trends, etc.
· Possess a cursory understanding of the brewing process and how hops are used in the process.
· Understand the competitive environment within the hop industry: trends, pricing, etc.
· Manage and adhere to personal Travel & Expense budget.
· Adhere to all company policies and treat co-workers respectfully.
· Must live in within the defined sales territory
· Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
· Registered and insured vehicle, and ability to drive to and from accounts and markets
· Willingness and ability to regularly travel within individual’s assigned territory and periodically travel outside the territory for conferences, team meetings, etc. Expectation is that representative will be meeting with clients in-person approx. 50% of the year.
Instructions for applying
Interested candidates should please submit resumes via e-mail to: email@example.com
URL of Job if applicable
This position was submitted by Courtney Donovan, at Hop Head Farms LLC on 07/07/2021