Northeast NJ Craft Beer Sales Representative
We are seeking an industry-experienced sales team member, who believes in our mission and culture to open, grow, and maintain on- and off- premise accounts in Northeast New Jersey.
The ideal candidate has craft beer sales experience, established North Jersey area connections within on- and off- premise channels, and a passion for craft beer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with key on- and off- premise retail accounts within assigned area.
– Assume lead role in implementing key company initiatives with on- and off- premise retail accounts within assigned area.
– Conduct in-field work with sessions with supplier partner representatives.
– Ensure that supplier partner quality, freshness, brand and marketing standards are clearly understood and enforced by retailers
– Identify opportunities for and secure new or expanded distribution; recapture lost sales, incremental volume increases, and other business insights.
– Ensure proper use of available, legal, point of sale items throughout territory
– Assist management in communicating sales data and market relevant insights with retail partners.
– Review and understand all legal restrictions regarding company product in each market and ensure all initiatives are executed within those limitations
– Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as weekend and extended workdays are sometimes necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to pass state background checks for an NJ ABC Solicitor’s Permit
– Live within assigned territory
– Must be on the road every single workday for in-person account visits.
– Additional travel is required as requested.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
– Demonstrated knowledge of the three tier system
– Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors (where applicable), top level account decision makers, and all internal stakeholders
– Ability to achieve specified distribution and volume goals as assigned.
– Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Drive programs
– Ability to work independently with minimal supervision – self motivated
– High level of craft beer product knowledge
– Excellent oral, analytical, written, and group presentation communication skills
– Strong organizational & planning skills
– Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 160 lbs.
– Ability to act responsibly and professionally at all times around alcohol, with the understanding that alcohol consumption will never be required, but will be available on a regular basis at, but not limited to: special events, promotions, samplings and company QC meetings.
Instructions for applying
***COMPENSATION BASED ON EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS***
***COVER LETTER REQUIRED WITH ALL APPLICATIONS***
Please email your resume along with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
URL of Job if applicable
This position was submitted by Justin Harm, Co-Founder/Sales at Liquid Runner Craft Beverage Distributor on 08/31/2021