IF INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION, APPLY VIA EMAIL TO JOBS@RIVERHORSE.COM, SUBJECT LINE: PACKAGING POSITION.
River Horse Brewing Company, a regional production brewery located in Central New Jersey, is seeking a Packaging Operator to add to our growing warehouse team. River Horse is New Jersey’s oldest craft brewery and one of the state’s largest. We offer competitive pay, based on experience, benefits including medical, dental and vision, and of course – free beer.
This position’s primary responsibilities will be the daily packaging of beer into bottles, cans and keg packages, operating packaging machinery and the cleaning and sanitation of packaging areas and machinery. You will have the unique opportunity to learn in a facility with both canning and bottling equipment. We are seeking motivated and reliable applicants with an interest in furthering a career in craft beer. This is an excellent opportunity to start a new journey in a growing industry.
The Packaging Operator position is full-time, on rotational shifts, and will report directly to the Head Brewer.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY – We will train you on all operational tasks before you are responsible for completion on your own. This opportunity can be a stepping stone to begin your career in beer and learn the ins and outs of a full scale production facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for packaging beer in the execution of the daily work schedule in a safe, timely, and efficient manner.
• Running all equipment on canning and bottling lines
• Start-up and shut-down of utilities and equipment
• Properly Clean In Place (CIP) and Sanitize fillers, kegging machine, hoses, brite tanks, etc. (Training will be provided)
• Competent operation of fillers, washers, palletizers, and conveyors
• Maintaining line efficiency through seamless supply of empty packaging and removal of full packaging
• Ensuring accurate and legible coding and labeling of all containers
• Routine daily maintenance of all equipment
• Addressing all product quality issues immediately and stopping line if issues cannot be corrected promptly.
• Helping to maintain accurate and detailed daily logs
• Participating in regularly scheduled departmental meetings to review issues and propose solutions
• Folding cardboard cartons
• Ensure that the work area is clean and organized
• Constantly strive for improvement by looking for ways to make things better, safer, faster or by reducing costs
• When needed, assist with accepting deliveries and other warehousing operations
• Assist in other areas of the brewery on an as-needed basis
· 21 years of age or older.
· Ability to work a flexible rotating schedule, including early mornings and late evenings.
· Ability to lift 55 pounds, move up to 165 pounds.
· Comfortable in a fast-paced, industrial environment.
· Ability to safely operate pallet jacks and hand trucks.
· Ability to stand for 8-10 hours per day.
· Reliable transportation to and from the workplace.
• Working in hot and cold temperatures
• Working on uneven surfaces and wet conditions
• Handling hazardous chemicals
• Working around noisy machinery
River Horse offers competitive pay, based on experience, benefits including medical, dental and vision and, of course, free beer.
Instructions for applying
If interested, please send your brief cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTN: Packaging Position
URL of Job if applicable
This position was submitted by George Ames, Director of Brewing Operations at River Horse Brewing Company on 05/06/2022