Nick from Last Wave emailed us a job posting. Here’s the information:
Assistant Brewer (Part-Time)
Last Wave Brewing is growing and we’re looking for someone to assist us in the brewhouse. We’re looking for a part-time assistant brewer who has a flexible schedule and is willing to put in about 10-20 hours during the week, with potential weekend work possible as well. We’re looking for any guy or gal who is interested in getting hands-on experience in a small brewery setting and has a passion for local craft beer. You will be assisting in all brewhouse tasks, which includes cellar work and assisting on brew days.
*Must also be willing to work with two guys who are really passionate about beer and listen to them talk about upcoming swells on a regular basis.
- Cleaning kegs
- Kegging beer
- Cleaning brewhouse and brewery equipment
- Helping on canning days
- Transferring kegs
- Loading grain
- Shoveling out spent grain
- Running CIP cycles
- Cleaning equipment
- Brewery experience is not necessary, but preferred
- Must be able to lift 55 lbs over your head
- Hardworking and self-motivated
- Must be physically fit for manual labor
- Must be able to move 160 lb kegs
- Must enjoy craft beer
- Must be able to follow all safety procedures and wear proper protective equipment at all times
- Must have reliable mode of transportation
- Flexible schedule. Job is on as-needed basis so it may not be the same day/hours each week
- Hourly Rate
- Free Beer
We are looking for someone who wants to be a part of the craft beer community. There is the potential for full-time employment from this position in the right conditions.
To apply, contact through email@example.com.