Sierra Nevada is always giving back and thinking of new ways to help people out! Here’s their latest idea and it’s wonderful!
When the Camp Fire started in the hills above our Chico brewery on November 8, 2018, it soon became the deadliest and most destructive wildfire in California history. The fire burned more than 153,000 acres, killed at least 85 people, and destroyed more than 13,000 homes. Many of our employees and community members were severely impacted by this tragic event.
In the days following the fire, we announced plans to brew Resilience Butte County Proud IPA, a fundraiser beer for Camp Fire relief. We committed to brewing the beer and donating 100% of the sales to the Sierra Nevada Camp Fire Relief Fund, aimed at long-term community rebuilding support. And we asked every brewery in the country to do it with us.
We sent out the “bat signal” calling our friends in the industry, asking our suppliers to donate ingredients, asking other breweries (our competitors) to donate their time and labor costs, and asking our wholesalers and retailers to carry the beer for free. It was a big ask, and we never could have anticipated the response.
More than 1,400 breweries signed up to brew Resilience. Our suppliers donated ingredients to every brewery nationwide. Wholesalers and retailers agreed to carry the beer and donate every dollar they received. All of them agreed to do this for free to benefit people they had never met.
In all, Resilience Butte County Proud IPA should hit the market in mid-late December more than 17,000 barrels—or 4.2 million pints—strong. Every dollar Sierra Nevada receives will go to those impacted by the Camp Fire.
Thank you to the brewing community. Thank you to our suppliers. Thank you to our wholesalers and retailers. And thank you to every single customer who is helping us rebuild our Butte County community—one pint at a time.
You can read more about it on Sierra Nevada’s website where the above was scraped from. Now here’s what our NJ breweries and brewpubs are doing!
- Zed’s Beer
- Lower Forge Brewery
- Eight & Sand Beer Co — releasing January 2
- Flying Fish Brewing Co. & Cross Keys Brewing Co (collab) — releasing December 21
- Human Village Brewing Co. — releasing January 12
- Death of the Fox Brewing Company — Thursday December 20 at 7PM
- Ludlam Island Brewery — releasing December 21
- Asbury Park Brewery
- Bonesaw Brewing Company
- Icarus Brewing Company — releasing Friday, December 28
- King’s Road Brewing Company — releasing Thursday, January 10
- Bradley Brew Project — releasing December 21 as part of our house flight. $2 of every house flight in addition to any individual taster pour or fill purchases will go to the fund.
- Three 3’s Brewing Company, Vinyl and Tomfoolery (collab)
- Bucket Brigade Brewery
- Lunacy Brewing Company & Kelly Green Brewing Company (collab) — releasing December 22
- Ship Bottom Brewery
- Heavy Reel
- Departed Soles
- Dark City
Stay tuned for release info on each brewery’s media outlets and hopefully here as well!