MORRISTOWN: Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Tap Takeover is happening at Hops CRAFT BAR
Kevin from Hops CRAFT BAR said on June 14 2016 from 06:30 pm to 11:59 pm
As part of our monthly Tap Takeover event we wil be offering the awesome brews from the Sierra Nevada Beer Camp series…Here’s a quick look.
Beer Camp Beers:
1. Family Values (Imperial Brown Ale, 8.5% ABV, 35 IBUs, Color: Brown, Special Ingredients: Cocoa nibs, wild rice, honey) — Family Values showcases the cooperation and kinship of Midwestern brewers. It features largely Midwestern-grown ingredients: Minnesota wild rice, Indiana honey, Missouri oats, Michigan hops, and cocoa nibs from Illinois as well as Sierra Nevada’s estate-grown malt. This is our centrally located collaboration celebrating the best of the Midwest.
Collaborators: August Schell Brewing Co., Dark Horse Brewing Co., Half Acre Beer Co., Perennial Artisan Ales, Sun King Brewing, Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
2. Stout of the Union (Robust Stout, 7.3% ABV, 64 IBUs, Color: Black) — This stout hails from the land of sun, sand, and surf and proves that beach beer doesn’t have to be light colored and delicate. Stout of the Union is rich, roasty and full of deep malt flavor, creating a union of like-minded brewers together through beer.
Collaborators: Bagby Beer Co., Beachwood Brewing, Port Brewing Co./The Lost Abbey, Smog City Brewing, Societe Brewing Co., Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
3. Sweet Sunny South (Table Beer, 4.9% ABV, 23 IBUs, Color: Gold, Special Ingredients: Tea, honeysuckle, corn grits, papaya, guava peach, prickly pear) — The south holds strong to its traditional flavors—tea, honey-sweet peaches, and corn grits—so we looked at those culinary cues for this Southern-inspired table beer. With a golden grainy malt body and complex tangy finish from the fruit, tea and herbs, Sweet Sunny South is perfect for sultry summer sipping.
Collaborators: Austin Beerworks, Bayou Tech Brewing, Creature Comforts Brewing Co., Funky Buddha Brewing Co., Wicked Weed Brewing, Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
4. Moxee-Moron (Imperial Session IPA, 7.5% ABV, 70 IBUs, Color: Golden) — The city of Moxee, WA, is in the heart of the Yakima Valley hop growing region and this Imperial Session IPA—a style contradiction—honors the Pacific Northwest’s hop-bomb heritage. Moxee-moron features hops in the mash, the kettle, the Hop Torpedo, and the fermenter for ultra-complex hop aromas and flavors in an ironically named package.
Collaborators: Bale Breaker Brewing Co., Barley Brown’s Beer, Black Raven Brewing Co., Melvin Brewing, Odell Brewing Co., Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
5. Pat-Rye-Ot (Revolutionary Pale Ale, 5.6% ABV, 55 IBUs, Color: Amber, Special Ingredients: Delaware and Vermont apple cider) — Pat-Rye-Ot is an “old-meets-new” take on a pale ale by brewers all located in the original 13 colonies. It features rye and apples, which were among the first ingredients used by American brewers in the colonies, alongside bold American hops—hallmarks of our modern craft beer “revolution.”
Collaborators: Devil’s Backbone Brewing Co., Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Lawson’s Finest Liquids, Stoudt’s Brewing Co., Trillium Brewing Co., Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
6. West Latitude (Session Rye Ale, 5.5% ABV, 55 IBUs, Color: Red, Special Ingredients: Hibiscus flower) — West Latitude combines our Californian Left Coast love of fruity hops with a touch of Hawaiian “aloha” from the addition of hibiscus flowers, all anchored by robust malts and spicy rye. This session beer is light in body but looms large, like the long shadows of a westward setting sun.
Collaborators: Bear Republic Brewing Co., Faction Brewing Co., Mad River Brewing Co., Magnolia Brewing Co., Maui Brewing Co., Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
7. Pale Ale (Pale Ale, 5.6% ABV, 38 IBUs, Color: Amber) — Pale Ale began as a homebrewer’s dream, grew into an icon, and inspired countless brewers to follow a passion of their own. Its unique piney and grapefruit aromas from the use of whole-cone Cascade hops have fascinated beer drinkers for decades and made this beer a classic, yet it remains new, complex and surprising to thousands of beer drinkers every day. It is—as it always has been—all natural, bottle conditioned, and refreshingly bold.
8. Hop Hunter IPA (India Pale Ale, 6.2% ABV, 60 IBUs, Color: Light Amber) — Hop Hunter IPA harnesses the complex flavors of just-picked hops through an all-new method of steam distilling wet hops before they even leave the fields. This revolutionary technique captures and intensifies the natural flavors, creating a unique and intensely aromatic beer. Our custom process gathers pure hop oil which, when combined with traditional whole-cone hops in the brew kettle and in our Hop Torpedo, makes for an incredible IPA experience.
More information can be found at their Facebook event.
NJCB Members save. Tuesday night, $1 off all craft beer and Wednesday – Monday nights $1 off all New Jersey beers.